Urban Hope is a ministry devoted to children. A ministry grounded in Christian love, it attempts to change the lives of children and youth, bringing them a sense of hope and a sense of future through spiritual and educational development and life management skills at our after-school and summer programs. All Urban Hope programs are provided free to the participants.
1. Urban Hope was founded in April 2000 by a group of eight persons who felt called to establish a non-denominational ministry to Savannah’s urban inner-city children and youth. The organization was incorporated by the state of Georgia as a Domestic Non-Profit Corporation on July 20, 2001.
2. There are no fees or charges for a student to participate in the Urban Hope program. Also, Urban Hope does not apply any racial, religious or financial tests, everyone is welcomed.
3. Urban Hope is an independent 501 (c) 3 organization, not affiliated with any other organization or group, governed by an unpaid Board of Directors. Day to day operations is under the direction of a full-time Executive Director.
4. Funding – The organization is dependent on donations and contributions from churches, individuals, businesses and civic organizations. Urban Hope does not seek or receive government funding.
5. Staffing – Urban Hope employs a number of part-time employees and volunteers. A limited number of high school students (Student Leaders) are utilized to assist classroom instructors and perform other duties.
6. Urban Hope is open to elementary student’s grades 1 through 5 and middle school student’s grades 6 through 8. High School students grades 9 through 12 may participate in our Student Leader Program.